Oats are one of the most versatile whole grains in the world. Instant and rolled oats both are full of nutrients. They pack a massive amount of fiber, protein, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Thus, it is perfect for a hearty fulfilling breakfast or a mid-day protein bar, or even as desserts.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, it is not! Rolled oats are versatile, and due to their texture and how you use them in a dish, the result can be chewy or crunchy, or both. If you love oats as much as us, why not try making a dessert with them?
Everyone likes to have a dessert sometimes, but most cakes, cookies, pastries, and baked goods have refined flours. Thus, making them unhealthy. Try substituting refined flour with rolled oats in raw or powdered form, and make something healthy.
Want to try delicious and healthy sweet recipes with rolled or instant oats? Then read below to explore many such recipes.
Chocolate pudding using oats
Who doesn’t love or crave chocolate pudding? We sure do! You can use instant oats to make a healthy chocolate pudding. Here we are sharing a recipe for the same with you:
- Instant Rolled oats– ¾ cup
- Coconut/almond or whole fat milk- 2 ¼ cup
- Pure Maple syrup/Honey- ⅓ cup
- Cacao/Cocoa powder- ¼ cup (Cacao powder is healthier if you can find it nearby)
To make this:
- In a blender, put all the ingredients together and blend for one minute. You should pulse it higher for up to 30 seconds in the beginning.
- In a saucepan, transfer the mixture. Whisk it continuously till it becomes thick.
- Once it looks like a pudding, you can eat it right away or chill it for an hour and then enjoy it.
Peanut butter-chocolate-oatmeal bar
Want to try a sweet, indulgent, but healthy instant oat dessert recipe? Then this bar is incredible and something you can whip up quickly. Recipe:
- Rolled oats– 2 ½ cup
- Oats flour- 1 ½ cup Blend rolled or instant oats to make flour at home
- Coconut oil or clarified butter (ghee)- 1 cup
- Maple syrup or honey or stevia- as per taste
- Unsweetened peanut butter- 1 cup (You can use other nut butter as well)
- Dark chocolate- 1 oz
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
To make this:
- First, mix coconut oil/ghee with the preferred sweetener and vanilla essence. Add oats to it and mix well.
- Now, in a pan with sheet paper, add half the batter and press it well. Refrigerate it for a while.
- Next, melt peanut butter and dark chocolate together. Pour it over the oats sheet and spread it nicely.
- Add the remaining rolled oats mixture over it and refrigerate. Cut into small square pieces and enjoy this dessert.
Cranberry orange oatmeal cookies
Craving cookies? Then try these organic rolled oats cookies that have the goodness of cranberry and orange in it. It is best to use rolled oats for this recipe for a chewy texture. However, if you are out of rolled oats, instant oats will work fine. Recipe:
- Rolled oats– 1 cup
- Ripe banana- 2 (For sweetness)
- Unsweetened peanut butter- 1 cup (Also almond or cashew butter works fine)
- Orange peel- ½ cup
- Dried cranberries- 1 cup
To make this:
- In a bowl, mix banana, oats, and peanut butter until combined.
- Now fold in cranberries and orange peel.
- On a baking tray, put the dough in circle form and press it down.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy this sugar-free sweet recipe today!
The best thing about adding rolled oats to your dessert or any meal is that you don’t crave junk later. They are fulfilling and full of fiber, so even your gut is happy. Which one of these desserts are you going to make? Do let us know in the comments below.