SaaS marketing is a difficult process. It requires the right SEO strategy, planning, and execution to ensure your company is growing at a consistent rate. For most businesses, this marketing strategy can be overwhelming since it seems like you are doing so much work for just one client. This article will provide actionable strategies on how to grow your traffic with a SaaS SEO agency.
Important Ranking Factors in 2021
It’s no surprise that Google is putting a great emphasis on mobile search. If you haven’t already, make sure your website is mobile-friendly and optimized for all these devices: smartphones and tablets (obviously). For clarity, “mobile-friendly” means the following:
- Pages must be readable and navigable by a mobile device.
- You need to make sure your text size is not too small and the fonts are legible.
- It must load quickly on any mobile device – especially smartphones – and should be easy for users to navigate.
- The site must be easily viewable without zooming or horizontal scrolling (this goes back to the legible text).
- Your site needs to have a clean, simple, and minimalistic design. No Flash or other heavy elements should be present.
- You need to avoid using pop-ups, at all costs.
- The website’s page speed should not exceed 3 seconds. Any longer than that will definitely result in losing traffic.
- While Google is always adapting and developing new algorithms, if you do not update your website to comply with their guidelines, your rankings will definitely suffer.
Keyword Optimization – The Latest Updates
As we all know, SEO is constantly evolving. The newest updates for keyword optimization include the following:
- Focus on long-tail keywords. These keywords are phrases (usually 2-3 words) that are targeted by your website’s content.
- Create compelling, informational, and valuable content.
- Focus on the customer journey.
- Optimize metadata for better search visibility. Update titles, descriptions, dates published or updated, authors, etc. If you have the time to do so, include Schema markup.
If you want to increase your organic traffic, content marketing is a must. When it comes to content marketing, there are three main strategies:
- Sponsored content (this includes guest blogging, ghostwriting, and influencer outreach).
- The creation of educational or how-to videos. For example, Buffer TV often publishes videos on how to use social media platforms
- The creation of original content for your site. This will establish your company as an industry leader. The more authoritative the information, the better. If you are unsure about creating content, hire a copywriter or continue learning how to do it yourself through the #1 free tool here.
The Importance of Social Media
Social media is a great way to build your brand and increase traffic. We all know that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are the most popular social networks. However, did you know that there is a social network specifically designed for the publishing industry?
That would be LinkedIn. If you do not have a profile on LinkedIn, set one up today. It is a business-oriented social media site, meaning it is perfect for SaaS marketing.
You can use LinkedIn as a way to find influencers and build your network. Also, keep an eye on the “Groups” tab for relevant communities where you can interact with others in your industry.
User Experience and Site Structure
When it comes to SEO and growing your traffic, user experience is extremely important. That’s why you need to focus on strategies such as:
Minimize page load time:
As we all know, fast page speed is a ranking factor for Google. The faster the site loads, the better. This can be easily achieved by using Google’s Page Speed Insights, where you will also learn how to improve anything that may be slowing down your site.
A/B testing tool:
Use A/B Testing tools such as Optimizely. This will not only help you better understand user behavior but will also increase the traffic on your website. The tool allows you to make necessary changes and improvements before launching a new feature.
Create a mobile-friendly website:
It is important to keep in mind that Google is now penalizing websites that are not mobile-optimized, as well as those that do not offer an alternate version for mobile users. This means creating a downloadable app could also help you achieve your SEO goals.
Make sure your website is easy to navigate. As I mentioned before, users don’t want to waste time finding what they are looking for on your site. That’s why it is important to prioritize information and make everything as user-friendly as possible.
Overall, when it comes to SEO and growing your traffic, content marketing is key. By focusing on user-friendly designs and by improving the overall site speed, you will see a significant increase in organic traffic in no time. With that being said, remember that this process takes time and above all, patience. It may not happen overnight, but if you continue to put in the work, you will see results. Last but not least, if you are struggling with any of these aspects or would just like some help, feel free to get in touch.