Spain may be one of the most underappreciated studies abroad destinations among all of Europe’s countries. Studying in Spain provides the highest quality education that meets worldwide standards, as well as a variety of post-graduate options. Apart from pursuing your MBA from the USA, there are many European countries that you can target. Expand your horizons in Spain, one of the most prominent countries in the European Union, which provides great higher education and exchange possibilities to foreign students from a wide range of academic and national backgrounds.
For Indian students, studying in Spain provides a wonderful opportunity to learn Spanish culture and language. When compared to other places, studying in Spain for international students provides a significantly lower cost of living than other European and Western countries.
Spain’s popularity stems from its pleasant lifestyle, warm climate, and plenty of fascinating and diverse cultural possibilities around the country. Spain may not be the first country that comes to mind when thinking about studying abroad for Indian students, but it is one that should be seriously explored.
Top Universities in Spain
The QS ranking lists 27 Spanish universities among the best universities in the world. Not only in Europe, but also around the world, the universities are among the greatest. The top MBA universities in Spain for Indian students are as follows:
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Autonomous University of Madrid
- Complutense University of Madrid
- University of Navarra
- University of Valencia
- Pompeu Fabra University
- University of Jaen
Study in Spain in English
There are many English-taught bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in Spain for Indian students. Universities in Spain are offering English-taught courses for internationally recognized courses such as MBA in Spain, natural sciences, Engineering in Spain, and many others, in order to attract more international students. Also, in Europe apart from MBA in the UK, some of the best colleges come under Spain.
Study in Spain Requirements
There are several basic prerequisites that Indian students must meet in order to study in Spain. If you are an Indian student interested in studying in Spain, you should be aware of the following general requirements:
- Degrees and Certificates from Previous Education: A certificate as proof of higher education and transcripts for a bachelor’s degree, or a bachelor’s degree certificate for a Master’s degree in Spain.
- A valid passport is one of the most basic needs ever. A passport that is valid for the duration of the program is required if you are studying abroad.
- Proofs of Language Proficiency: In order to study in Spain, Indian students must demonstrate their ability to communicate in both English and Spanish. English language proficiency is typically demonstrated by tests such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- Proof of Monetary Funds: Proving the monetary funds required for the first year in Spain is another key requirement.
For universities in Spain, all of these documents must be translated into Spanish. For more details, don’t forget to check the universities’ official website.
Scholarships to study in Spain
In Spain, both international and Indian students can apply for a huge number of scholarships. Many institutions provide financial aid or tuition waivers as part of their scholarship programs. The government offers several scholarships as well. The simplest way to apply for a scholarship is to go to the scholarship’s official website and see whether you qualify for one in Spain. There are several top MiM colleges in Spain that offer scholarships up to full tuition fees.
Study visa for Spain from India
To study in Spain, Indian students require a Spanish student visa. For courses lasting longer than six months, students must hold a category D student visa. It is recommended that students apply for a student visa 10 weeks to three months before the start of their education in Spain. The hopefuls must also pass an interview as part of the visa application process for Spain.
Requirements to get the Job Search Visa
- It’s likely that you’ve completed your education. These must be at least a level 6 (equal to a bachelor’s degree), but they can also be a master’s degree (level 7) or a doctoral degree (level 8). You cannot obtain a post-study work visa by taking a language course.
- Health insurance is required.
- Proving that you are financially self-sufficient is critical. That is, you have sufficient financial means to allow you to remain in the country while looking for work (12 months).
- Not all colleges or institutions will be appropriate. The specific study and university must be included on a government-provided list.
- This student permit is available to foreign students 60 days before or 90 days after their student authorization expires. And that won’t always correspond to how long you’ll be in school.
Spain is a fantastic destination for international students interested in learning about the country’s culture, history, and way of life. There are numerous study options available. Consider your Spanish fluency and whether your selected field of study is provided in English when weighing your selections. Take advantage of the sunshine in Spain to learn and prepare for a successful career. You can expect to stay and work in Spain (in most instances!) unless you are a European Union citizen.
Author Bio: Abhyank Srinet is a passionate digital entrepreneur who holds a Masters in Management degree from ESCP Europe. He started his first company while he was still studying at ESCP, and managed to scale it up by 400% in just 2 years.
Being a B-School Alumni, he recognized the need for a one-stop solution for B-School to get in touch with schools and get their application queries resolved. This prompted him to create MiM-Essay, a one-of-a-kind portal with cutting-edge profile evaluation and school selection algorithms, along with several avenues to stay informed about the latest B-School Updates.