There is a long list of medicines which are either prescribed by the doctors or purchased over the counter to prevent anxiety and other mental disorders. These types of drugs are also known as anxiolytics and can be habit forming due to which these types of drugs are only prescribed for short time period. Moreover these kind of medicines tend to work quickly. One major drawback of such drugs is that they cannot be used by those people who have a history of drug abuse or substance misuse as it can cause severe outcomes. Some of the examples of anxiolytics include the following:
- Bensedin 10 mg
- Ativan or lorazepam
- Klonopin or clonazepam
- Valium or diazepam
Anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping disorders:
Apart from curing anxiety related issues, these anxiolytics are also used commonly by many people who suffer from insomnia or other types of sleeping disorders for a short term. The reason behind this is that such drugs cause drowsiness and hence a person falls asleep easily and quickly. One of the most common drug which is used for this purpose includes Diazepam which is also known as Bensedin 10mg UK. This drug is made by a famous pharma company located in Serbia known as Galenika a.d. It is a prescription only drug which can only be purchased if a person has prescription.
Overview of Bensedin:
Bensedin which is also known as bensedin galenia 10mg is a medicine which is similar to diazepam and is found in different parts of the world including United Kingdom. It is also similar to the brand Valium. Bensedin is a kind of benzodiazepine which is classified as an anxiolytic meaning that it is a kind of medicine or a drug which is used to treat anxiety. This drug is more famous and is used in large amounts by the residents of Bosnia and Serbia along with its growing use in United Kingdom. Bensedin is a type of drug which falls in the category of sedatives, anticonvulsants, muscles relaxants, tranquilizers etc. It is a schedule IV controlled substance as it has the potential to lead to addiction. This drug comes in the form of tablets which can be easily taken by mouth.
Uses of Bensedin:
There are a number of uses of this drug which are as follows:
- Bensedin can be one of the good options when it comes to curing insomnia.
- To get short term relieve from seizures, doctors may prescribe this drug.
- It is also effectively used in curing short term anxiety.
Side effects of Bensedin:
Below is the list of side effects which are associated with this drug.
- Drowsiness is one of the common side effect of this medicine.
- Muscle weakness is also common in those who use Bensedin.
- Loss of coordination is another side effect which is common.
- Many people who use this drug feel tired after using it.
- This drug can also slow the breathing and in some cases may even stop it.
- Accidental falls due to being drowsy can be more common in old patients.
- There is risk of allergic reactions which can be severe.
- Chest tightness.
- Changes in vision.
- Slurred speech.
Mechanism of action:
As Bensedin is same as other benzodiazepines it works by increasing GABA or gamma aminobutyric acid activity. GABA is a type of chemical which is involved in sending signals to the entire nervous system. Not having enough of this chemical may cause a person to suffer from anxiety and seizures as well. Taking a medicine which increases GABA may help to decrease muscle spasms and may help a person to relax and overcome insomnia.
Things to keep in mind before taking Bensedin:
- It is advised to not take this medicine for a long tome as it can lead to dependence.
- High doses of this medicine can lead to tolerance which means that the drug may stop working at a specific dose and may require to increase the dose further.
- Bensedin is not recommended to be used in children.
- As it can harm the fetus, pregnant women should avoid using Bensedin.
- As there is a high risk of mental changes and incoordination, this drug should not be used by elderly patients.
- While on Bensedin, it is important to limit the intake of alcohol and such medicines which lead to drowsiness which include the sleeping aids and other types of muscle relaxers.
- If this medicine is taken for a long period of time, it needs to be stopped gradually and not at once because this increases the risks of developing side effects like changes in mood.
Those who buy sleeping pills UK may face difficulty to get the right drug either due to unavailability or any other reason. But for curing short term problem people can also use anti-anxiety medicines as well which contain such ingredient that causes drowsiness and can be used as an alternative to sleeping pills.