A USB drive is not only used to transfer media files, but also to create bootable drivers. There are many ways through which you can create Rufus bootable USB.
With the development of telecommunications and technology, more people are used to creating Rufus bootable USB drives. Among the many applications, software, and technologies, Rufus software holds a special place in the industry.
Anyone with a basic knowledge of IT can create a Rufus bootable USB. But make sure that the device you use is compatible with the version of Rufus. For more information, go to the official Rufus software website and get precise information as well as get the doubts cleared.
What is a bootable USB?
USB drives are portable and easy to use. Other than storing data, using it for backup or data transfer between computers; a USB drive has more potential. A bootable USB is a utility that allows the computer to boot from the file system on the flash drive rather than the hard drive.
Rufus bootable USB also provides the ability to execute all the content (code or software) which is present in the bootable USB on the computer.
How to create Rufus bootable USB (2022 Guide)?
- Step 1 – The first step is to insert a Rufus bootable USB drive into a running computer.
- Step 2 – Second you should open a command prompt window as an administrator.
- Step 3 – And then type ‘Diskpart.’
- Step 4 – When the command line window opens, type ‘list disk’ and then click the ENTER button. The list disk command will now show all disks on the computer. Then you have to show the driver number or driver letter on the USB flash drive.
- Step 5 – At the command prompt, you must type ‘select disk <X>’, where X stands for the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive, and then click ENTER.
- Step 6 – Next type ‘clean’, and then click ENTER. By doing so all the data in the USB drive will be deleted.
- Step 7 – Then you have to create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type ‘create partition primary, and then click ENTER.
- Step 8 – Type ‘select partition 1’, and click the ENTER button. Now you can easily select the partition you just created.
- Step 9 – Next type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’, and then click ENTER to format the partition.
- Step 10 – And then type ‘active’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 11 – Finally type ‘exit’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 12 – And then you should finish preparing the custom image and save it to the root of the USB flash drive. And now you have successfully created a bootable USB drive using Rufus bootable USB.
About Rufus software
Rufus is a free utility created by Pete Batard for Microsoft Windows that creates bootable USB flash drives from ISO image files. Rufus bootable USB is an open-source bootable software with almost 13.2 MB that can make any kind of USB drive with it.
It is one of the fastest and simplest alternatives when creating a bootable disk. Rufus bootable USB app came with a more modern design, in addition to not having to be installed.
Rufus bootable USB is the most popular USB bootable tool because it can make more than one boot in one drive then you can create a lot of boot files in one drive. One of the key roles of Rufus Windows 10 is to create an ISO on a USB.
Features of Rufus bootable USB app
- Adds a deep directory to Rock Ridge
- To write small ISOs to an ESP (GPT only) add an option
- A cheat mode (Ctrl-SELECT) is introduced to extract material from an external zip folder over the ISO
- To disable the Virtual Hard Disk Collection, add a cheat mode (Alt-G)
- To convert a GPT ESP to Basic Data add a cheat mode (Alt-P) (Windows 10 only)
- Fix x86 32-bit NTFS driver which is used for UEFI: NTFS
- Enhance UEFI: NTFS compatibility with existing UEFI firmware
- Improve startup time by running a background check of the ISO download features
- Delete splash screen from Ubuntu for persistent UEFI drives
- Allow Rufus bootable USB free executable with ASLR
App summary of Rufus
- Latest version: 3.17
- Last Updated: October 25th, 2021
- License: Freeware
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- File size: 13.2 MB
- Downloads: 14.3 M
- Author :
- Primary language: English
The latest version of Rufus can be used basically for Windows 11, 10, 9, and 8. Even though there are older versions of Rufus Windows 10, the latest Rufus 3.17 is faster and more advanced.