For all mid-sized as well as small-scale businesses, Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software. It is a very innovative and easy-to-use software that helps in managing tasks. But like any other software, this one too has a lot of errors one of which is QuickBooks Error 6123.
This being a 6000-series error, is related to the multi-user environment. And to fix it you will have to execute a few simple steps. And when your Quickbooks desktop gets bugged with this error, you will get a message, “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.”
However, before trying to troubleshoot this error, you need to find out the cause. This will help in fixing it better.
May Know More Details About QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working
What are causes that can incur QuickBooks Error 6123
There are multiple reasons that are responsible for Quickbooks error code 6123 and you have to figure out them.
- If your server desktop has a slow network or an interruption in the network.
- A damaged or corrupted QBW file can also be the reason for this issue.
- The window user is damaged anyhow,
- When the same company is launched in a newer version of Quickbook- it creates a mismatch.
- There are multiple database services running on your system.
Resolving the QuickBooks Error 6123 code in the easiest way possible
Majorly people face the QuickBooks Error 6123 either while upgrading, opening, or restoring the company file. And you can fix this issue by using Quickbooks Tool Hub.
Read More: QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Step 1: Download and install the Quickbooks tool hub
So the only thing that you will have to keep in mind while downloading and installing the Quickbooks tool hub is to get the latest version. And probably you should download the 64-bit version for your Windows 10.
- Close your Quickbooks if you were using it.
- Then download the recent version of Quickbooks Tool Hub and save it to an easily accessible location.
- Then click on the downloaded file to launch it.
- Now, you will have to follow the on-screen instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once this process is completed, you will have to double-click on the tool hub icon to launch it.
Step 2: “QuickFix my program”- use this feature
Now you will have to scan and fix the issue of the QuickBooks Error 6123 code and here is how to do it.
- Go to Quickbooks Tool Hub and then click on “program problems.”
- Click on “QuickFix my program” and wait for the process to get completed. It might take a few minutes. Also, it totally depends on the specs of your desktop.
- If you have multiple versions, it will take a bit longer.
- Now, once it’s done, you will have to just open Quickbooks and verify the issue.
The error would be fixed by now.
If you want to take the easiest way to resolve QuickBooks Error 6123 we suggest you should connect with one of our technical experts. This way you will have the utmost ease and our experts will help in fixing your problem right from the beginning to the end.