MBBS in Australia is becoming a popular trend amongst Pakistani students who wish to study MBBS in Australia or elsewhere internationally. Australia is home to around half a million international students. Among international study destinations, Australia is the third most popularly chosen study abroad destination. MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students is offered under both Undergraduate and Postgraduate medical degree programs. The Undergraduate degree of MBBS in Australia takes about 5-6 years to complete. Whereas, the Postgraduate Medical degree, which is a research specialty, commonly known as the Doctor of Medicine (MD), is 4-years duration.
Benefits of Pursuing MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students
- The demand for doctors has become extremely popular and has been continually increasing in Pakistan and Australia for the last 5 to 10 years. It is further said that the demand will continue to grow further by the year 2028.
- The Healthcare Industry in Australia is expected to reach 1.9 million by the year 2024 in terms of employment.
- Australia is also the highest-paying country for general medical practitioners offering an average of 215,000 AUD per annum.
- The living and learning expenses of Australia are quite affordable and lower than that of other foreign countries.
- Australia also offers numerous scholarships to Pakistani students which can reduce their tuition fees significantly.
- Australia is a welcoming country for international students coming from different racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Studying in Australia can help boost interpersonal and communication skills as it is a multiethnic place.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students 2021
- The applicant must have completed their Matric and intermediate education.
- If you belong to a Non-English speaking country then you need to pass an English language proficiency test such as IELTS with a minimum score of 6-7
- The minimum age limit of the applicant should be 17 years
Admission criteria for MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students 2021
To gain entry to a Medical University in Australia, Pakistani and all other international students living anywhere apart from Australia and New Zealand require an entry test score. There are two types of entry tests for gaining admission to MBBS in Australia:
- UCAT: This test is required for admission to undergraduate medical degrees like MBBS. However, not all UCAT ANZ Consortium universities demand these entry test scores.
- GAMSAT: Whereas, to gain entry to Postgraduate Medical degree programs like MD or MS, students need to sit the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT).
List of required documents for admission in MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students:
- Duly filled admission application form on the official university website
- Valid educational transcripts, certificates of Intermediate and Matriculation
- Payment proof of the application fee
- UCAT or GAMSAT score
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Proof of Financial Stability (Bank Statement) to prove that you can afford both your tuition and living expenses in Australia
- Proof of Medical Fitness (Medical Certificate)
- A Well-written Personal Statement
- Passport-sized pictures
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Nationality
PMC Green-Listed Medical Universities Study MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students 2021
Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) has published the names of the Green-listed Australian Medical Colleges and Universities. These green-listed institutes have been recognized and accepted as valid by PMC.
Green-Listed Medical Colleges to Study Undergraduate MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students
- Curtin Medical School
- University of Wollongong School of Medicine
- James Cook University College of Medicine and Dentistry
- University of Adelaide Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- University of Tasmania School of Medicine
- Western Sydney University School of Medicine
- University of New South Wales Faculty of Medicine
- Bond University Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine
- University of Queensland Faculty of Medicine
- The University of Western Australia Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- University of Notre Dame Australia School of Medicine, Sydney
- Monash School of Medicine (BMedSc / MD)
- University of New England (BMedSc / MD)
Green-Listed Medical Colleges to Study Postgraduate Medical Specialization in Australia
- Australian National University Medical School (MD)
- Flinders University of South Australia School of Medicine (MD)
- Griffith University School of Medicine (MD)
- Macquarie University Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (MD)
- University of Melbourne Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences (MD)
- University of Notre Dame Australia School of Medicine, Fremantle (MD)
- The University of Sydney, Sydney Medical School (MD)
Careers after Studying MBBS in Australia for Pakistani Students
After completing your MBBS degree in Australia, a range of career opportunities are available for Pakistani students both in Australia and on returning to Pakistan. As an MBBS, MD, or MS degree from Australia is globally recognized and reputed, Pakistani students get to enjoy a lot of privilege and leverage over Pakistani locally taught students of MBBS. These students can enjoy work positions of:
- General practitioner
- Hospital Administrator
- Medical Officer
- Child Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical therapist
In a variety of healthcare settings like:
- Doctor offices
- Outpatient care facilities
- Private Clinical setups
- Armed Forces
- Team Physician for a Sports Team