Lately, users have started getting “Quickbooks not responding when opening company file” issue more frequently. This error message is quite irritating and when you think it is fixed, the pop up comes to your screen once again. And in certain cases, you get such messages even when you try to open Quickbooks Desktop.
Mostly, this issue can be caused if you are using an outdated version of Quickbooks. But things can be a lot different when there is a different case. And the way you will have to tackle the problem will also depend on the cause of this issue.
What is causing the error of “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working?”
You might also like : – Quickbooks Error Code 12029
If your QuickBooks Has Stopped Working there can be multiple reasons why this is happening. Some common problems are given below.
- If your company name is longer than the required name length.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is either corrupt, damaged, or missing.
- Your hard drive got corrupted due to any reason.
- There is a damaged program file or the installation of Quickbooks Desktop is done incorrectly.
- A third-party program is causing a conflict internally, which is causing this issue.
- There is an installation error in Quickbooks.
- If there are damaged program files in your Quickbooks.
Any of these issues can be causing the error in your desktop. And you must diagnose the issue before starting to troubleshoot it.
Resolving Quickbooks not responding when opening company file problem
If you have already updated your Quickbooks and checked the file you are opening, then the best way to fix the issue is to scan the problem first.
Solution: Turning off hosting on all the workstations
There are chances that you are facing this issue due to the multi-user access. To fix this you need to turn off the hosting. Here is how you can do that.
- Go to any of your workstations and open Quickbooks in it.
- Rather than opening the “company file” you should navigate to the “file” menu and then simply hover above “utilities.”
- Now, if you see an option “Host Multi-User Access”, don’t click on it. Just move to the next workstation.
- You will have to look for the workstation where there is an option of “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.” This is the device causing this error.
- You will have to repeat the above-given steps until you find the workstation.
Visit Wish Postings to read our other blogs provide by us
This is just one of the many ways to fix this problem. If the problem still persists, we suggest you should bank on our experts. Be it the Quickbooks not responding while opening company file issue or any other Quickbooks-related problem- our experts can assist you through. The certified professionals have been constantly guiding and assisting people to resolve multiple Quickbooks problems. If you feel troubleshooting is not something you can perform, reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support at +1(855)-738-0359 for immediate troubleshooting help and guidance
So, to get instant help you will have to simply call on our number and talk to the expert. From diagnosing the issues to fixing it properly, you will be assisted.