During menopause, there is a natural decline in reproductive hormones in women’s bodies, with most women reaching menopause sometime between the ages of 40-50. The menopausal cycle is a natural and difficult time in a woman’s life.
Menopause is not a disorder or disease and does not require treatment. However, it is a major change in a woman’s body and hence can be difficult to go through. Menopause is natural, but studies have shown that certain lifestyle factors can increase the onset of starting menopause. Studies have also found that physical activity can help reduce the negative health effects of menopause. Here we are telling you 4 yoga asanas, which are beneficial for women going through menopause and can help in relieving pain.
Sukhasana helps in making both bodies and minds healthy and calm. And it helps to prepare the body for the rest of the routine or yoga asanas. While doing yoga, one can first start with Sukhasana, it helps in achieving proper breathing process and control.
- To do this asana, lay a mat on the ground and sit down with cross-legs.
- Then sit with your back straight and close your eyes.
- And now place your palms on your knees and take 3-4 deep breaths in and out.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you should join the Weight Loss Retreat In Rishikesh.
Tadasana can give the body the necessary stretch in the muscles as well. The way a cat stretches its body in Tadasana, you have to stretch your body in the same way, which is quite a relief. This asana helps to strengthen the abdominal and pelvic region, which helps in relieving the symptoms of menopause and also helps in regulating hormones. Tadasana helps improve digestion, strengthen your hamstrings, calm the body and relieve symptoms of menopause.
- For this, keep your feet together and stand straight.
- Now raise your arms straight upwards and while inhaling deeply, close your eyes.
- Now exhale slowly, and come back to the previous position.
- To do Uttanasana i.e. Forward Bend Pose, first of all, you should stand straight.
- Now while inhaling, bring your upper body down to touch your toes.
- Stay in this position for some time, keep in mind that your knees are straight, and then while exhaling go back to the starting position.
In women going through menopause, this asana can play an important role in relieving depression and reducing mood swings due to hormonal changes in the body.
- To do Salamba Sarvangasana, lie down on the ground and place a folded blanket or a thin pillow under your head.
- Now while inhaling, with the help of your shoulder, lift the lower part of your body i.e. waist and legs from the ground.
- Continue to lift the body and extend your legs in such a way that your knees are right in front of your face and keep your elbows in a position that is comfortable.
- Now keep breathing and make sure that your head is straight against the floor.
- After stopping for some time, slowly come back to the previous position and then repeat again.