India has a plethora of festivals with each offering its own distinct meaning and message, and traditional clothing is always present at these events. Whether it’s Karva Chaut, Bhai Dooj or even a wedding, dressing up in your favorite ethnic outfit is always fun to do.
Lehenga is one of the most popular ethnic dresses. A lehenga can be worn for any function as there are heavy as well as lightweight lehenga available these days. Also, there is a big age-old tradition that a bride is supposed to wear a lehenga during her marriage. Brides mostly wear a lehenga or saree on their wedding day. Let’s take a look at the different types of lehenga.
1. Sharara Cut Lehenga
Sharara lehengas are a must-have fashion outfit this season. From simple to a designer, there is a wide range of styles and designs of sharara cut lehengas. You can wear the sharara lehenga dress on festivals and special occasions with statement jewelry.
2. Straight Cut Lehenga
In a straight-cut lehenga, the skirt is long and straight in style. The A-line lehengas are designed to accentuate your curves while keeping a simple elegance to them. This one is the most versatile option! This goes well with any body type.
3. Saree Style Lehenga
This lehenga brings together the best of both worlds. There’s an illusion of a saree look about it, but when it comes down to what is actually beneath the fabric, it is nothing but a stunning lehenga!
4. Fishtail Lehenga
You must be familiar with the fishtail or mermaid-style lehenga. The design of these lehengas is shaped to fit and flare out from the calves in the form of a fishtail. Furthermore, fishtail lehengas are perfect for those girls or ladies who are looking to highlight their figure.
5. Circular/ Flared Lehenga
One of the oldest and most popular styles, this lehenga is made up of a broad flare at its bottom and forms a complete circle when looked at from the side. One of the oldest styles and perhaps one of the most popular, it has a maximum flare yet forms a complete arc at the hem like a circular shape. The Lehenga has extreme volume.
In case you want to post your pictures in lehenga on Instagram then here are some lehenga captions for your reference:
- This selfie is brought to you after rejecting 49 lehengas to choose this one, and 149 other selfies to choose this one. Please like!
- If India is a canvas, a lehenga is an art.
- Happiness is… wearing a lehenga.
- I may not know how to make aloo paratha, but I can certainly rock a lehenga like a pro!
- Keeping our Indian traditions alive… One lehenga at a time!
- Tomorrow, the lehenga will come off and I’ll be back to my usual, nerdy self in an extra-large tee-shirt and glasses. But until then, let me feel like a well-put-together, royal Indian princess!
- The joy of dressing is in wearing an Indian dress!
Here are saree captions as well:
- Saree: six yards of sheer elegance!
- A saree silently empowers you.
- Six yards of pure grace!
- Just Saree Vibes.
- SAREE – A timeless piece of Imagination.
So why not post your amazing picture on Instagram and show everyone how good you looked in that lehenga or saree?