When we have to save many emails with various attachments one after the other, it gets laborious. However, there are very easy hacks available to retrieve files from many Outlook emails at once.
The most convenient approach to exchanging data files with other people is to send and receive files over email. This makes the email tray a permanent file storage location, resulting in storage capacity concerns after a while. So, my question is,
- Do you frequently use Outlook to share data files with your clients or partners?
- Is your message accompanied by many attachments?
If you answered yes to these questions, you should consider improving the storage of your data files because these large attachments are slowing down your Outlook. In this technical article, we’ll show you how to use easy ways to extract attachments from Outlook emails and save them to a folder in a single try.
Microsoft Outlook is a communications tool for sending and receiving messages. It is also used to handle several forms of personal information, such as scheduling and comparing passages, errands, contacts, and notes. However, if you wish to use Microsoft Outlook, you must purchase it or pay a membership fee.
A Microsoft Outlook database file in Personal Storage Format (PST). It saves backups of Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals. Furthermore, because the PST file is only compatible with Outlook, you will be unable to view or download attachments from PST files if you do not have Outlook.
Method:-1 A Proven Method for Extracting Attachments from Outlook Emails in Bulk
Softaken Free Download Outlook PST Extractor allows users to quickly and easily extract attachments from Outlook emails and other data objects. The software’s biggest feature is its ability to extract attachments not only from PST files but also from OST, BAK, and MSG files. Furthermore, it can mass extract attachments from Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 and earlier versions.
Softaken Outlook PST Extractor is quite functional
- The software is simple to operate.
- Convert Outlook contacts to VCF.
- Calendars in ICS format may be accessed and saved.
- There are no size restrictions for extraction.
- Save all attachments to a PST file in Outlook.
- All emails and their components must be extracted.
- Separately save the generated files.
- The user specifies the location of the saved results.
- Excellent performance on all Outlook platforms.
- All Windows versions are supported.
- A free Outlook PST Extractor is available.
- Remove duplicates files and provide unique data.
Steps to Export attachments from an Outlook PST file
1. Launch the Outlook PST Extractor Tool on your computer.
2. Locate the PST file on your machine.
3. Select Attachments from the list of things to export.
4. Choose an output location for the attachments.
5. To extract attachments, choose all or a specific folder. Select the file extension as well.
6. To complete the operation, click Process and Export Attachments.
The Benefits of Using This Software
If you pick something, you should notice all of the advantages that come with something roughly equal. We should gain a sense of the primary advantages of utilizing this tool.
- When transferring from one email association to another, keep information security in mind. If you own a company and need to keep track of everything in your email, here is the place to be. You should choose a device that will not jeopardize your security. This app is excellent for collecting data and information.
- If you’re wondering how to Extract connections unambiguously, move selectively. This equipment will be handy to you at such times.
- Even if you are a customer with inadequate grasp of the complexities. This specialized curriculum can help you complete the affiliation successfully.
Method:-2 Extract Attachments from Outlook Inbox
Microsoft Outlook has a feature that allows you to extract and store all attachments from a single Outlook email.
The following steps will show you how to save multiple attachments from Outlook:
1. Open the Outlook application and choose an email with numerous attachments.
2. Select an attachment and right-click it. Choose the Save All Attachments option.
3. Click the OK button to select a place for output attachments. Select OK.
Method:-3 Extract attachments from Outlook emails through VBA
- To extract attachments from Outlook emails, launch the VBA IDE in Microsoft Outlook by hitting the Alt+F11 keys.
- Enter the following code into the Modules portion of the screen after expanding the left-hand screen until you are there.
- Note: If there isn’t a Module item under Modules, you may add one by right-clicking on Modules and selecting Insert >> Module.
- Copy and paste the following script into the main VBA window.
Public Sub saveAttachtoDisk (itm As Outlook.MailItem)
Dim objAtt As Outlook.Attachment
Dim saveFolder As String
saveFolder = “c:\temp\”
For Each objAtt In itm.Attachments
objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & “\” & objAtt.DisplayName
Set objAtt = Nothing
- Close the VBA IDE window to extract attachments from numerous emails in Outlook 2016.
- You must now construct a Rule that will invoke this script. To do so, navigate to Tools >> Rules and Alerts >> New Rule…
- To overcome the issue of how to extract attachments from Outlook emails in numerous emails, in the new wizard, select the ‘Check messages as they arrive’ option.
- You can specify the criteria that the messages must adhere to. To save text files solely, use the ‘with particular terms in the message header’ and ‘.txt’ options to search the string.
- Select ‘execute a script’ and then script.’
- Press the Finish button. Send a new email to your Outlook account with numerous attachments to see if the rule to extract attachments from multiple emails Outlook 2010 is working.
Receiving two or more emails with the same file name might cause the preceding one to be overwritten. To avoid this scenario, use the following code with ‘dim’:
dateFormat = Format(Now, “yyyy-mm-dd H-mm”)
Afterwards, substitute ‘objAtt.SaveAsFile’ with the code below:
objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & “\” & dateFormat & objAtt.DisplayName
Instead of the preceding code, use the following code within the ‘For Each’ loop to extract attachments from Outlook emails inbox to a certain folder type:
if InStr(objAtt.DisplayName, ‘.xml’) Then
objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & “\” & objAtt.DisplayName
How do I retrieve Outlook attachments from several emails? This is a frequently asked question by many MS Outlook users on a daily basis. As a result, we’ve written this essay. We’ve discussed many approaches for extracting attachments from Outlook emails in a single step. As a result, retrieving attachments from the Outlook programme will no longer be a difficult operation for users.