For a clean, long-lasting outdoor deck, there’s nothing like regular, in-depth maintenance with a high-pressure cleaner .
A pressure washer sprayer is cleaning a weathered treated wood deck.[/caption]
This professional cleaning machine is within everyone’s reach and allows you to quickly and effortlessly clean all kinds of coverings with maximum comfort and efficiency. To get an impeccable result, follow our guide.
The terraces are vulnerable to the weather, the sun, and the wind, but also to dirt that becomes encrusted, mold, and moss. All this contributes to the wear of the coatings.
They require regular maintenance, not only to have a clean terrace but also to increase their lifespan and preserve their aesthetics.
High-pressure cleaner: our recommendations for professional cleaning your terrace
To clean a terrace, we recommend using an electric high-pressure cleaner because it has the advantage of being compact and above all-powerful.
It is useless to invest in a high pressure thermal cleaner knowing that a power of 120 to 140 bars is necessary.
Clean your patio at least twice a year, preferably in early spring and fall.
- Wear goggles and work gloves.
- Protect the surroundings against splashes (cardboard, tarpaulin, etc.).
- Increase cleaning performance and reduce your working time by using suitable accessories such as the rotating brush. Its mechanical movement associated with the high pressure is perfect for deep cleaning a large and very dirty surface.
To avoid damaging your wooden deck, do not use a very high-pressure cleaner. Do not place your lance less than 50 cm from the floor.
What cleaning product should you use to wash your terrace with a high-pressure cleaner?
The cleaning product to use with your pressure washer depends on the coating of the terrace but also on the type and level of dirt. To avoid the risk of permanently damaging your terrace, only use specific detergents for natural stone terraces, concrete terraces, tiled terraces, wooden terraces, etc.
They will allow you to easily remove the majority of stains whatever the materials: encrusted dirt, dust, grease and black deposits caused by air pollution…
You can also use universal detergents to clean and degrease all types of coatings.
High-pressure cleaner: professional cleaning for your terrace with an anti-moss treatment and green deposits.
If you have a natural stone or wood terrace, greenish moss and lichen can invade you. For long-term protection of your outdoor environment, it would be advisable to treat these undesirables with a terrace fungicide.
There are concentrated formulas to dilute for large surfaces and ready-to-use formulas for larger or smaller surfaces.
The steps to clean a terrace with a pressure washer
Prerequisites: to clean your patio with a high-pressure cleaner, you need:
– an electrical outlet
– an extension cord with reel (optional)
– A rotating brush to attach directly to your electric high-pressure cleaner (optional)
Start by sweeping your terrace to remove all the dirt
- Connect your pressure washer to a water inlet with a hose
- If it has a detergent tank, fill it with a special pressure washer detergent .
- Spray the cleaning product on your terrace and leave to act for the time shown on the technical sheet
- Gather the accessories: spray gun, rotating nozzle to loosen dirt, foam cannon, straight jet nozzle to clean in every nook and cranny, pressure washer brush broom to treat very dirty surfaces and joints, cleaning bell for high pressure cleaners…
- Equip the pressure washer with the accessories of your choice and activate it.
- Set the unit to its lowest speed to reduce water pressure.
- Aim at the surface to be cleaned and spray sparingly, starting at an edge or corner of your patio to test the reaction of your cleaner’s high-pressure jet beforehand.
- Spray in sweeping motions, sweeping dirt away from you and focusing on difficult areas to loosen embedded dirt; increase the pressure as you go to find the right setting.
- Rinse off loosened soil using low pressure and allow it to dry.
Read More: Why disinfect and decontaminate?